Wednesday 10 June 2015

Add a responsive banner slider

As most of the websites are having a banner slider, it's a required web skill of adding a responsive slider. Here I will write down how to get a slider for Magento by using some slider extensions

First, I'm going to describe how to use Magento Responsive Banner Slider extension. 

Download the extension from the URL: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/responsive-banner-slider.html
Install it from Magento Connect Manager if your Magento version is before 1.9. Otherwise, you need to manually download the module and copy the the files to your Magento folder. Cause there is an installation bug in this extension for Magento 1.9.
Go to System->Configuration->MKS Responsive Banner and click the general settings of the extension. Fill out the banner settings form which suits your website.
Go to Responsivebannerslider->Manage Responsivebannerslider. You will be led to a page where the images of the slider can be uploaded and set and you can add as many images as you want for the slider.
Put the below block code in the CMS pages  or any template files where you want to add the slider.
{{block type="responsivebannerslider/index" name="responsivebannerslider_index" template="responsivebannerslider/index.phtml"}}


7 comments:

  1. It's not working at 1.9.2 magento version...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right, cause I was using 1.9.1 I guess when I wrote this article.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    My responsive banner slider not work proper .

    Mean i am not able to add new banner and delete or edit.

    Please suggest me any solution.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      I would suggest you to check whether the extension is compatible with your magento version.
      If you couldn't solve the issue, it might be better to write more details here and post the errors.
      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Hello,

    In my magento ver 1.9.3.2 responsive banner slider not work and product image also not able to uplod in my site.

    Please help me my site is live.

    Thanks,
    Janmesh

    ReplyDelete