Wednesday 17 June 2015

How to re-install magento

Why do I need to re-install magento

For some reason, when I download the Magento from a server and overrode my local magento, I couldn't log in magento. What I assumed is that the salt key were different or some other reasons. So I decided to re-install magento on my local.

It's very easy to re-install magento by following the steps below:

First, delete the app/etc/local.xml which contains all of the configurations made by installation.

Second, open http://yourdomain/install.php in the browser.

And then follow the installing steps of magento, but pay attention to the database name that needs to be input when installing. You need a new database which is different from the old magento database or you need to delete the old database if you want to use the same database name.

Potential Reasons for not being able to access admin

I'm using WAMP and magento seems not working well with WAMP directory alias and it only works well with vhost. 
Magento store the domain name in the database, after I transferred to vhost from directory alias, it kept redirecting me to localhost/mydomain even if I typed the vhost mydomain.loc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment